Tuesday 13 December 2011

Berries Cake

Advice of the day: stick to what you know, i.e using baking parchment is best!
I made a lovely cake full of berries (raspberries, cherries and blueberries). It is absolutely yummy but looks like it fell down and was turned upside down 10 times :-/
I thought I would make a presentable cake and take a beautiful picture, so I decided not to use baking paper (as  it can leave some marks if it is not put in the tin properly). I greased the tin with butter instead and covered it with flour. And taaaa-daaaa, the whole bottom stayed in the tin when taking it out. Lovely!
It is still very yummy and eatable, just not presentable (see picture).
This is normally the cake mixture I use for the rhubarb cake, but as I still haven't found rhubarb, I replaced it with a mix of berries and it is as good.


Ingredients:
300gr berries
165gr self raising flour
175gr caster sugar
175gr butter, softened
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract

For the topping:
1tsp flour, 2tsp sugar, 25gr butter

Preheat oven to 190°C.
Beat together the eggs, butter, flour, sugar and vanilla extract. Fold in the fruits and spoon the mixture into the tin.
For the topping, rub the butter into the flour and sugar and sprinkle over the cake (that will make a nice crust on top of the cake). Bake for 50/60min.

No comments:

Post a Comment