Tuesday 3 January 2012

Almond, White Chocolate and Berries Muffins

Christmas holiday are over :-( Good times always fly by. I went home, to France, and spend Christmas with my family. I hardly did any cooking. My mum did most of it, and I had some delicious food: foie gras, stuffed rabbit, and so much cheese... I should really have a healthy week, but I am home again, and I feel like baking :-)
I got some cooking gifts at Christmas, and I really want to use them!
So today I am baking something simple but always delicious any time of the day, almond, white chocolate and berries Muffins!

Here is the very easy recipe that I used.
Ingredients for 6-8 muffins
100gr plain flour
80gr caster sugar
50gr almond powder
1/2 bag baking powder (5gr)
1 egg
4 tbsp milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
50gr white chocolate
100gr berries( fresh or frozen)
pinch of salt
To decorate: brown sugar and flaked almonds.



Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, salt, baking powder and sugar). Mix the wet ones in another bowl (egg, oil and milk) then add them to the dry mix. Add the chopped chocolate and the berries. Mix carefully.
Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. Sprinkle the muffins with brown sugar and flaked almonds. Bake for approx 20min (depending on the size of the muffins), until golden brown. Leave them to cook and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment