Thursday 26 January 2012

Classic Baked Cheesecake

I get ideas of recipes reading cooking books and magasines, watching TV, or asking my friends what they'd like to eat - because the dessert I bake always end up with them :-)
I got this classic baked cheesecake recipe watching the TV show Australia's Masterchef. I immediately wrote down all the ingredients and steps while watching the professional cook Donna Hay make this cheesecake. I love watching them cook the entire recipe on TV, as it makes it easier to replicate.
So i followed the exact same recipe, and I think got the same result. A sweet and creamy classic baked cheesecake. This is a one to keep!



Ingredients for the base:
50gr ground almonds
100gr plain flour
50gr caster sugar
90gr chilled butter, chopped

Ingredients for the filling:
500gr ricotta cheese
330gr cream cheese
4 eggs
260gr sugar (big oopppps.. I am realising now I've only put 60gr in my cake... and it wasn't bad at all!!!)
1tbsp lemon zest
zest of 2 lemons
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 tsp corn flour mixed with 1.5 tsp of water

Preheat the oven to 150°C.
Prepare the base: place the 4 ingredients into a bowl and mix until getting a coarse mix, or put in the mixer, and the food processor will do the rest. Line the base of a 20cm round tin with baking paper. Place the base mixture in the tin and press gently with fingers until even and then smooth out with the back of a spoon. Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden, set aside.
Prepare the filling: put the cream cheese, ricotta, eggs, sugar, lemon zest, juice and vanilla in a food processor. Combine the cornflour and water until smooth and add to the cheese mixture. Process the mixture until smooth.
Grease the sides of the cake tin, then pour the filling over the base. Tap lightly to remove any air bubbles. Smooth the top. Bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and stand the cake in the oven for 1 hour, leaving the door closed. Refrigerate and serve cold.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment