Friday 13 January 2012

Tiramisu

Yesterday I made a brioche and said I would prepare other things during the day, as I had friends coming over for dinner. Unfortunately I did not take pictures of the dishes (apart from the dessert, a quick pic before eating it) but I can tell you everything was delicious :-) For starter, I made a warm goats cheese salad, topped with a sort of chutney of yellow bell peppers and raisins.. It was sooo soft and yummy. Then for the main course, I made a fresh salmon risotto, and served it with grilled asparagus. That was easy to prepare and very good too.
And, most important, for dessert, a tiramisu! I love tiramisu. The combination of coffee and chocolate, and the soften of the mascarpone..mmmmm and it is so easy to prepare. You can prepare it the day before you need it, or the morning and no baking is required.. simple to make and sure to impress!
I've always used the same recipe and it comes from my sister in law who's Italian. I trust it is done the same way in Itlay, so I don't change a thing to her recipe!

Ingredients:
3 eggs
250gr mascarpone
50gr caster sugar
coffee
grated dark chocolate
Ladyfingers biscuits
Marsala, Amaretto

Stiffly beat the eggwhites, with a tsp of sugar. In a separate bowl, mix the egg yolks with the sugar and the mascarpone until frothy. Add some grated chocolate to the mix and stir. Delicately add the eggwhites.
Prepare some filtered coffee or espresso coffee (about a bowl).  Add a tsp of sugar and Marsala or Amaretto.
Place the ladyfingers at the bottom of the gratin dish, covering the all dish. Pour some coffee onto the biscuits. They should all be covered. Add half of the mascarpone mixture on the biscuits. Cover the mix with a new layer of ladyfingers (dipped in the coffee), and cover them again with the rest of the mascarpone mix. Cover it all with some cocoa powder or grated chocolate. Store in the fridge for at least 8 hours before serving it, and enjoy this wonderfully light dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment