Friday 13 January 2012

Auntie Jeanne Cake

Ok, so I am baking another cake today, and I have a good reason... I have fresh yeast and need to use it :-))
I made Brioche yesterday and wanted to try a different kind of cake today. So Auntie Jeanne cake recipe is perfect.Don't ask me why it is called Auntie Jeanne cake. It is a family recipe and must be old, because I do not remember any Jeanne in the family and neither does my Mum.. but we've always baked it and kept its name..
Anyway, this recipe is similar to a brioche, but has a more cakey texture to it and is also way faster to prepare. The other good thing is that once it has cooled down, you can simply freeze it whole or into pieces.. and that's what I am going to do.



Here are the ingredients for one cake:
200gr plain flour
20gr fresh yeast
2 eggs
25gr caster sugar
100gr melted butter
4 tbsp milk

Melt the butter in a pan. Get the fresh yeast ready (break the yeast into some warm water -less than half a glass- and put the glass into a bowl filled with hot water. Let the yeast raise for about 10min). Then add the flour at the end. Mix well.
Pour the mixture into a greased loaf tin. Let it raise for approx 1hr (until it rises to the top of the tin). Bake at 200°C for 30 min (or until a knofe comes out dry and clean from the centre of the cake).

No comments:

Post a Comment