Wednesday 18 January 2012

Basil Chicken Hash

For once, I took some time to cook and have a healthy lunch..I found this basil chicken hash recipe on the foodnetwork website (obviously from my dear friend, the Barefoot Comtessas, who else?) and kept it in my favourites for a very long time..I don't know why I never got the time to do it, because it is simple to make and was delicious..

Ingredients and steps I followed:
2 large chicken breasts
1 onion
4 medium size potatoes
3 spring onions
1 large red bell pepper
1 tbsp tomato paste
thym
salt, pepper, parsley, garlic
basil leaves

Place some basil leaves under the skin of the chicken breasts. Rub olive oil on the chicken, season with salt and pepper and bake in the preheated oven (190°C) for about 30minutes, until the meat is just cooked.
Cook the diced onion and potatoes in a large saucepan, with olive oil and garlic.( I used garlic infused olive oil, to avoid cutting garlic). Leave to cook until the potatoes are cooked through. Season well too.
In a separate pan, cook the diced red pepper, add the tomato paste and sprinkle some thym.
Add the cooked chicken, paprika mix to the cooked potatoes and onion. Stir in the chopped spring onions. Check the seasoning, and sprinkle some parsley. Easy peasy and ready to eat:

No comments:

Post a Comment