Monday 10 October 2011

Coconut and Blueberry Muffins

I have decided to make the best of what's in my baking cupboard, fridge and freezer... I will use what I already have at home for my next recipes. I have plenty of frozen berries, chocolate, nuts, and other ingredients.
I had been thinking for a while how to use the 200gr dehydrated coconut I had in the cupboard. I originally got it to sprinkle on some chocolate shortbreads = 15 gr!
So I browsed the gojee.com website (thanks Julie for the link!) and found this very appetizing recipe of coconut and blueberry muffins. Perfect since I had some frozen blueberries left from last week's Polenta cake.
These are delicious and the coconut gives them an unexpected twist..

Ingredients:
Making 12 medium size muffins
260gr all prpose flour
1tbsp baking powder
100gr sugar
1tsp salt
50gr toasted coconut
1 egg, beaten
60gr melted butter
235ml milk
fresh blueberries -150 gr (more if wanted) 

 

Preheat oven 200°C. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin, lining it up with paper muffin cups. Set aside. Sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Stir in toasted coconut. Whisk the egg with the melted butter and milk. Add to dry ingredients and mix lightly till combined.
Toss blueberries with 1 T flour and fold into batter. Spoon the batter into muffin cups. Bake at 200°C for 20 minutes (I baked the first batch for 23min, the second was done in 20min)

No comments:

Post a Comment