Thursday 13 October 2011

Raspberry & Blueberry Clafoutis

More berries today.... I am still in the process of using whatever ingredients I have already at home and even after 2 blueberry recipes, I still had many frozen berries in the freezer. So I decided to make something simple but so good: a clafoutis. I have made clafoutis since I was little. My grandma would make us a clafoutis on wednesday afternoons. Apple clafoutis and cherry clafoutis are the traditional ones. Today I used rasperries and blueberries, with a zest of lemon.. Let's see how this turns out!



Well, I have to say, it's delicous!
You see that piece missing, I've just had it! The acidity of the lemon and raspberry and the sweetness of the flan is just the perfect balance. It's a light dessert, fresh and reminds me of summer. Now you enjoy it too :-)


Ingredients:
65 gr plain flour
75 gr sugar
Pinch of salt
3 eggs
Zest of a lemon
90 ml milk
200 gr Raspberries, Blueberries
Icing sugar, for dusting

Preheat the oven to 190°C.
In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar and a pinch of salt. Whisk in the eggs, butter and lemon zest + juice of half the lemon until smooth. Add the milk and mix until light and very smooth.
Pour the batter into a quiche dish and scatter the raspberries and blueberries on top.
Bake for about 25 minutes, until the clafoutis is golden brown. Dust with icing sugar and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment